RE: removing white space highlight

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: removing white space highlight
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:05:18 -0800 (PST)

> You can do the "binary search". It is a pretty name
> for a sluggish tho capable method.

Nope.  Not sluggish at all.  Blind, maybe (but nothing prevents
one from applying some thought, as well).  But not sluggish.

It can seem silly or sluggish at first, but ... well, it's
exponential, so keep with it...

There is little in our Universe that is less sluggish, at the
end of the day, than exponential behavior.

> 1. First do 'emacs -Q'. If this solves the problem,
>    the problem is in a configuration/extension file.
>
> 2. Then proceed to comment out half of your
>    initialization code.
>
> 3. If this solves the problem, you know where the
>    problem is. If this doesn't solve the problem, you
>    know where the problem is. With the newfound
>    "problem chunk of code", redo steps 2-3 until you
>    have found the misconfiguration.

Yup.  Good.