Re: How to get rid of horrible GUI functionality

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: How to get rid of horrible GUI functionality
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:55:12 -0700

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:06:36 -0700 (PDT), in message
cffc8040-b5aa-4c96-97b2-ab5729d1e6cf@googlegroups.com, Davin Pearson
wrote:

> My new computer is a laptop and from time to time my fingers brush
> against the mouse sensor pad, causing the following window to appear:
>
> Change Default Buffer Size
> Change Buffer Font
> Increase Text Size
> Decrease Text Size
> Reset to Default
>
> I want to kill such pop up windows as it annoys me when I am trying
> to use GNU Emacs to do useful work.
>
> Does anyone know how to go about disabling the mouse sensor pad,
> given that I have purchased an old fashioned mouse for GUI work.

Hi Davin,

Your best bet is probably to boot into your laptop's BIOS and turn
off the trackpad from there.  That's what I had to do with my old
IBM Thinkpad.

Hope this helps.

--Dale

--
"Shambling, drooling, bent on destruction and biting people's
heads off... it's either zombies or upper management." -- Ebenezer