Re: Operating on yanked region

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Operating on yanked region
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 17:30:13 +0600

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Karl Voit <devnull@karl-voit.at> wrote:

> When I paste text from a Windows application to my Emacs (running
> mainly Org-mode), I get wrong charset.
>
> For correcting such wrong character sets, I want to write a function
> that corrects the charset.

I cannot help with your needs, but you should not have to jump through
hoops just to get text encoding right, as long as the originating
application puts Unicode text on clipboard. (And I’m pretty convinced
Outlook does.)

If Emacs on Windows takes encoded text from clipboard when Unicode is
available, it’s a bug in Emacs.