Re: SMIE examples or guides

From: Björn Lindqvist
Subject: Re: SMIE examples or guides
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:23:27 +0200

(Sorry I haven't had time to play with emacs for a while)

What I have is the following:

    (smie-setup factor-smie-grammar #'factor-smie-rules)
    (setq-local smie-indent-basic 'factor-block-offset)

I have pieced together a factor-smie-rules func by looking at
elixir-mode and octave-mode:

    (defun factor-smie-rules (kind token)
      (pcase (cons kind token)
        (`(:elem . basic) 4)
        (`(:after . ,(or `"HELLO")) 4)
        ))

The intent is that if a line contains the token HELLO, indent is
increased for subsequent lines by four. I'm also planning to add a BYE
token, pairing HELLO and decreasing indent by four. Something happens
when I type HELLO<tab> and emacs says (error "Please avoid it"). So my
rules function is triggered, which is good but the result isn't what I
want.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist