shell mode aliases?

From: joakim
Subject: shell mode aliases?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 11:05:22 +0100

In eshell I can define an alias and that alias is available in all
eshell buffers, regardless of which remote server it is connected to(via
tramp).

I would like the same feature in my emacs bash shells, that is, define
alias locally in my emacs, and somehow have them transfered to the
remote bash im using.

Maybe I could do something similar via yasnippet, but I had more
something in mind like a local alias definition, that gets transfered to
the remote shell on demand.
--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se