Re: Function menu missing from top window bar!!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Function menu missing from top window bar!!
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 12:01:48 -0500

>> Now, how do I get each submenu sorted by name?
>> I see reference to a sort option, but not clear on how to add it to
>> what I have.

> Ping.

I can't remember how it's supposed to work, but when you do M-x imenu
the *Completions* should be sorted by virtue of the normal sorting
performed by the completion UI.  If you like your GUI menu to be sorted
when selecting with the mouse, there's imenu-sort-function which you can
set via M-x customize-variable.  It's supposed to be a user-preference
rather than being imposed by the author of the major mode.

        Stefan