Re: How should libraries integrate with IDO?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How should libraries integrate with IDO?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:55:48 -0500

> what should a library do that wants to use `completing-read', but
> optionally support IDO?

In my opinion, the best answer is:
- help integrate IDO functionality into icomplete-mode (and into the
  default completion system).

but the more realistic one should be:

> - just call `completing-read' and tell the user to set
>   `completing-read-function' to `ido-completing-read'?

Tho just setting it like that might not work 100%, so better use
ido-ubiquitous, which should hopefully deal with the special cases (I
have no idea whether it does, tho).

        Stefan