Re: X11 signal to emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: X11 signal to emacs
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 06:12:29 +0200

raman wrote:

> This is nice. Is there some X magic that will
> let me combine special-event-map with
> something else that then lets me bind an
> action to a simple press of say the ctrl-key?

Hang on a second, X? Now I see, it even says
X11 in the subject. X11 is the protocol for X.
Do they have signals of their own?!

My answer has nothing to do with X or X11, it
is plain Unix IPC, just two processes
signalling each other...

> Today, ctrl is a modifier -- but pressing
> ctrl by itself does nothing in emacs.
> If I could achieve the above, then I'd get 3
> more keys: ctrl, alt, and the windows key.

Cool idea, cred if you succeed. But in general,
one doesn't need more keys. It is doing
something sensible with the ones you got that's
the trick :)

                   - so far: 69 Blogomatic articles -
                with: #moasen @ irc.freenode.net 6667