Re: Is it possible to move a column where column on right is variable wi

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is it possible to move a column where column on right is variable width
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:23:00 +0200

Joost Kremers wrote:

> Unless you do the totally uncool thing of
> adding enough spaces to the final line so
> that you can create a rectangle of the
> appropriate size. It'll cost you some geek
> points, but it gets the job done. ;-)

Ha! You should read *my* suggestion!

Actually I think typing and editing skills are
the sign of the true hacker.

Lots of people think of it the other direction.
You know the quote, the best hacker is the
hacker who is laziest, because he will find
ways to automate everything with
minimal effort?

I don't know who said it but I don't believe in
it. It think it is a quote for very young
programmers, like 12-?, because then you take
credit in being lazy doing the least required.
Maybe because your body is busy growing?

No, good old typing, moving the cursor around
at lightning speed, killing and yanking, it can
get you anywhere. I like regexps as well tho
but often they are not easily transferable.
You start anew every time.

PS. Probably the best hacker is the guy you
    never heard about, using technology you
    never thought existed...

--
underground experts united