Re: Major and minor modes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Major and minor modes
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:39:55 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> Moreover, in this case, if you want to understand
> some random page you got from the Web (assuming you
> want to stay with your beloved Emacs), mixed-mode
> will come in handy. I know I appreciate it,
> for sure.

As for me, in the world of computers and in other
worlds as well, putting up with stuff that isn't to my
liking by tweaking tools only delay the inevitable
blow-up and failure.

If you don't like the way the dig is going, getting
the best shovels will not keep frustration at bay
for long.

> There are tons of those -- everything "domain
> specific language" goes a bit in that direction.

... - how exactly do you define that?

I always thought of Elisp, SQL, LaTeX, the dialects of
BASIC, etc. to be domain specific.

And I didn't mix up major modes every doing that!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573