Re: how to teach emacs that ' + c = ç

From: Héctor Lahoz
Subject: Re: how to teach emacs that ' + c = ç
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 08:14:51 +0200

Filipe Silva wrote:
> I've set up my keyboard layout in arch with localectl set-x11-keymap us
> pc104 intl

If you usually write Portuguese I don't think it is a good idea.
Use a layout that produces characters for your language.
I use a Spanish layout and then we have a key for 'ç', just one
keystroke. This character is also used in French and Catalonian.

> I don't know why, but by default linux distros come configured so that when
> you type this combination ' + c= ć, which is an invalid char in Brazilian
> portuguese, and so I'm screwed.

Some European languages use it.

Another option is, if you definitely want an English keyboard layout,
to use input method for portuguese:

M-x use-input-method RET portuguese-prefix RET

Then either ", c" or "' c" give "ç".