query-replace and the bottom of the screen

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: query-replace and the bottom of the screen
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 14:00:33 +0200

Hi

Running emacs 26 on Ubuntu 14.04.

When I start emacs -q and run
query-replace, say like this

(query-replace "this" "this" nil nil nil nil nil)
then everything works like expected:

Text with  expression «this» which is in the middle of my screen is
presented in the middle of the screen:

And I am asked to replace it.

However when I start emacs with my init file, open a file which covers
various screen pages
and do
(query-replace "this" "this" nil nil nil nil nil)

The cursor always jumps to the bottom of the screen and asks me to
replace. This makes it difficult to see the context of the change.
This misbehavior must be caused by some of my setting. But what could it
be. Did anybody notice a similar experience?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer