Re: package: iPhone behavior insert . After a word and twice space

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: package: iPhone behavior insert . After a word and twice space
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:36:21 +0100

Hi-Angel wrote:

> You're right. But not everyone can move
> everything to Emacs. There are specialized
> applications; and sometimes it's just not
> worth the effort. E.g. I am using a mail
> client application — I do not spend much time
> there, whereas proper Emacs-solution would
> require lots of time to make sure of proper
> html-rendering.

I'm confident Gnus can do it. It even has
a setting so you can pick and choose what
renderer (or browser) you'd want for the job.

But HTML and mail is a bad combination anyway.
Here is what I do:

    (setq gnus-inhibit-images t)
    (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext"))
    (setq mm-text-html-renderer #'w3m)

Perhaps the second line is all you/I need...?

And even more broadly, mail (and news) is
something Emacs has better than anyone else so
it is a poor example why people shouldn't move
their activities to Emacs...

> Yeah, in fact readline library is using those
> keys. Just install oh-my-zsh — they have them
> configured by default.

I don't need to - I already have it :)

--
underground experts united