Re: info-find-source

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: info-find-source
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 06:23:02 +0100

On 2018-01-13, at 04:43, Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> wrote:

> Info has it's own keybindings.  That can be a little tricky, since "s"
> is the normal way to search rather than "C-s" or "M-s".  You can rebind
> these functions though.

I didn't know that!  I used to use C-s/C-r in Info all the time.  They
_do_ work there!

Then, maybe a year or two ago, I learned about the index and the `i'
keystroke, and now I can't understand how I used Info before.

Also, `C-h S', by the way.

I would really like it if someone set up a contest of "how fast can
someone use Info to search for things and come back to other things and
not get distracted by links and/or writing one's own functions to do
what you can do with stock Emacs better", and made Emanuel and me the
contestants.

;-)

Best,

--