Re: logical not condition in ibuffer config

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: logical not condition in ibuffer config
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 00:17:15 -0500

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> This is not exactly Lisp but rather a common
> computer data hierarchy that is expressed as
> list and then parsed as configuration data by
> the Lisp program... whatever.
>
> The easiest way to do what you want is probably
> to find out the priority *order* by which the
> data structure gets traversed.
>
> Then, first put the general case (all Elisp)
> somewhere, only after that explicitly put the
> exception/the specific case (bbdb) wherever you
> want it instead, so that rule overwrites the
> general case rule (which otherwise applies to
> both cases).
>
> By the way, this level of perfectionism...
> start digging into Elisp today as it'll just
> get worse.

It sounds like you're explaining the algorithm.  I understand that.  I
need to know why Elisp will understand "or" operators in an ibuffer
configuration but not "and" or "not"...or suggestions of how "and" or
"not" could be coded that would work.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent