Re: Emacs and/or Lisp on Lego Mindstorms?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs and/or Lisp on Lego Mindstorms?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 23:26:49 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> The only languages you can possibly
>> prototype in ten days are Forth, a Lisp and
>> perhaps Tcl (which is "a Lisp" turned inside
>> out, actually).
>
> There are clearly others, such as Lua.

If you are allowed to use tools, and I don't
see why not, a little example language isn't
difficult. Perhaps the first one you do isn't
exactly easy either but when you get into it
you can start industrial production with a new
language every week (with a very generous
definition of the word "new"!) Now why anyone
would ever want to do that is another thing...

Lua is from 1993, the word is Portugese for
"moon", but it has more exotic roots than that,
all the way from sunny and carefree Brazil!

Lua isn't well implemented for the Lego robot
tho:

    Basic motor drivers are done - still to do:

      * Support for stopping motors when the
        object is garbage collected

      * Support for matching attributes when
        creating object instances