Re: How to define xref-find-definitions for a new mode?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to define xref-find-definitions for a new mode?
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 11:47:37 +0300

> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
> Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 08:46:07 +0200
>
> I'd like to define xref-find-definitions for LaTeX (in AUCTeX).  Where
> should I start?  Is there any documentation on how to add a new mode
> support to xref?

The only documentation is in xref.el itself.  In a nutshell, you need
to implement a couple of methods in a way that is specific to LaTeX.

(Btw, doesn't it already work?  Etags is an existing back-end for
Xref, and 'etags' the program already supports TeX and its
derivatives, so it is able to create TAGS tables for LaTeX files.)