Re: Going Unicode all out in Emacs 26.1

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Going Unicode all out in Emacs 26.1
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 15:50:08 +0530

On Thu, Jun 07 2018,Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com>
>> Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2018 01:27:30 +0530
>>
>> As the Subject says, what settings are needed to make Emacs work in
>> Unicode for text files and buffers?
>
> Please explain what you mean by "work in Unicode".  I don't think I
> understand the issues you are having or are envisioning to have.  And
> "Unicode" has a very specific interpretation in the Windows world, in
> some contexts.

I have no issues so far; all I wanted to know was whether there are
any .Emacs settings that needs to be fiddled with to make Unicode work
on Windows.  I just checked the Hello file, all languages seem to
render correctly in terms of the chars that I see.   I see that the
modeline has got a U with a tooltip 'utf-8-emacs-dos' which should
allow me to work in Emacs and nonemacs Windows application like
notepad(reading the file for e.g)?

sivaram