Re: debugging post command hook max-lisp-eval-depth

From: John Shahid
Subject: Re: debugging post command hook max-lisp-eval-depth
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 19:31:01 +0000

I have been running the debug version of emacs for a few days now and I
cannot reproduce the problem. The hooks I saw in the error message
(`global-display-line-numbers-mode' & `global-magit-file-mode') don't
have any recursive calls. I don't understand how they recurse
indefinitely. Could this be caused by some stale .elc files ? It doesn't
look like `define-globalized-minor-mode' has changed recently, so I
don't understand how a stale .elc file would cause that.

p.s. I will give it another day then switch back to an optimized version
of Emacs.