Re: Flyspell difficult to configure, documentation not honest

From: Devin Prater
Subject: Re: Flyspell difficult to configure, documentation not honest
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 07:50:22 -0500

I use fly-spell, it works great with Emacspeak, although sometimes it does
get in the way, but it's easier for me than using ispell, which doesn't
work with Emacspeak as well.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:32 AM Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi Brett, emacs users,
* Brett Gilio <brettg@posteo.net> [2018-07-12; 16:01]:
> I completely second everything you said, Emanuel. Spell checking on the
> fly is not only extremely prone to false-errors, but it also poses a lot
> of issues with emacs performance and even some false errors with
> packages like helm (in my experience).
>
> /If/ you need spell-checking, I second ispell.

I use wcheck-mode:
https://github.com/tlikonen/wcheck-mode

It checks on the fly, is unobtrusive, has no
performance issues -- because it only ever checks a screenful of
text, and it does not interfere with helm -- at least not to my
knowledge.

wcheck-mode is a frontend to the spellchecking engine.  I
configured it to use enchant, which in turn I configured to use
hunspell and myspell.  The configuration was tricky for me, but
now it works like a charm.

The wcheck-jump-backward command is really great, I bound it to
Insert-Insert which is very fast to type.  I don't know how to
make this work with repeating keystrokes in order to jump to the
next marked word without correcting the first one (false
positives and such, as stated elsewhere in this thread).

Ciao; Gregor

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile