Re: Getting functions usage examples [

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Getting functions usage examples [
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 20:33:59 +1100

>>> as not everybody needs examples, and ideally we should just keep using
>>> only definitions
>>
>> Examples are likely cache hits for 80% of people for bridging their gap.
>
> Can you be more precise about what do you exactely mean by “bridging
> their gap” (to what?) in this context?

Most people have a goal wanting to be achieved.

They consult the documentation examples to get their
fill-in the gap in understanding to get there.

Picture Ikea furniture assembly as a way of getting
the thing done. Some non-technology experts or new comers
learn technology in comic or graphic novel reading form.