Re: Gnus mail splitting / Gmane / gnu.emacs.help / mailing list

From: Emanuel Berg
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 16:22:24 +0100

Nuno Silva wrote:

> There's also the "List-Id:" header, which should match only messages
> that are sent through the mailing list.

You mean like this?

    (setq nnmail-split-methods
          '(
            ("mail.geh"  "List-Id: Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs.gnu.org>")
            ;; etc.
            ("mail.misc" "")
          ))

Yeah, maybe that's better.

However even if the regexp fails to catch
a mail I should still get them in mail.misc.
But actually I haven't received any mails from
the list!

Maybe it is some Gnus configuration that
deletes them as duplicates, as I already have
them in the newsgroups? However I *do* get the
same stuff in both gmane.emacs.help and
gnu.emacs.help so that doesn't make
sense either!

I did send a mail to

but no reply there either.

PS. I continue to use gnu.emacs.help until this
    is solved. Sorry for breaking threads. DS.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573