Re: hideshow docstring in elisp or common lisp code

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: hideshow docstring in elisp or common lisp code
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 10:03:04 +0100

On 09.11.2018 03:12, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
Mirko Vukovic <mirko.vukovic@gmail.com> writes:

I would like to hide/show docstrings of my common lisp code.

Has that been defined in some hideshow package?

If not I'll give it a shot, initially for defuns.

AFAIK no, hideshow is only about blocks.  However, you could try to
teach hideshow that it should handle strings as blocks.  Can be done by
simply customizing hs-special-modes-alist.  It isn't fun to do this,
however, since it's not easy to do it in a way that doesn't totally
confuse hideshow.

Michael.

External thing-at-point-utils.el provides

(defun ar-hide-string-atpt (&optional arg)
  "Hides STRING at point. "
  (interactive "P")
  (ar-th-hide 'string))

(defun ar-show-string-atpt (&optional arg)
  "Shows hidden STRING at point. "
  (interactive "P")
  (ar-th-show 'string))

Remains to write some function traveling the buffer and picking docstring-sections

https://github.com/andreas-roehler/thing-at-point-utils