Re: Python docstring folding

From: Rock Storm
Subject: Re: Python docstring folding
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 19:16:58 +0000

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:12:03AM -0800, Drew Adams wrote:
> > I'm struggling with code folding. I installed
> > 'outline-magic'. Which works great but it doesn't
> > fold docstrings... Is there an easy way to achieve
> > docstring folding?
>
> What do you mean by folding doc strings?  What do you
> want that it doesn't do?

The behaviour I was expecting would be something similar to what this
plugin does [1].

 [1]: https://github.com/alecthomas/SublimeFoldPythonDocstrings

> If you just want to toggle whether doc strings (only)
> are hidden, see this:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2018-11/msg00115.html

Thanks a lot for the hint. I'll try that. However, isn't there a less
complicated way of doing it? Is it so uncommon? How did Python
developers live before you provided them with this? :P

Thanks again,
--
Rock Storm
GPG KeyID: 4096R/C96832FD