Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELP

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELPA Signing Agent
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:05:29 -0500

> I'm running Emacs 25.3.1 on Slackware Linux 14.2 and `M-x
> package-refresh-contents` is giving the following error:
>
> Failed to verify signature archive-contents.sig:

FWIW, the build scripts on elpa.gnu.org can occasionally end up with
a stale .sig for a short amount of time (known problem that we should
fix, obviously, but not high enough on the todo list), so maybe you just
got unlucky.

In any case, please report those problems via `M-x report-emacs-bug`.

        Stefan