Re: Issues with multi-hop in TRAMP

From: Jordan Wilson
Subject: Re: Issues with multi-hop in TRAMP
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 00:10:39 +0000

Hi Michael,

On 2019-02-15 (Fri) at 10:52 (+0100), Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Looks OK to me. Do you see the same when starting "emacs -Q"?
Yes.

I tried to edebug my way to find the problem but with no luck.

If I remove "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\" from the system path,
everything seems to work fine. So it's not a massive issue for
me. But...

Using Microsoft's process monitor program[1], I can see Emacs is going
through the $PATHs trying to call a "ssh" executable on the local
machine. I gather it gives up and does what it is supposed to. Is that a
bug?

Footnotes:
[1]  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Thanks,