Re: building emacs on macos 10.14

From: tomas
Subject: Re: building emacs on macos 10.14
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 09:11:02 +0100

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 08:41:07AM +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> > On Feb 21, 2019, at 2:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >
> >> I build on 10.14 all the time. Do you perhaps have GNU binutils
> >> installed? Itʼs possible youʼre running the wrong 'ar'.
> >
> > Perhaps a stupid question, but... did you "make distclean" before?
>
> Thank you Thomas, I'll try that. I usually do git pull and then build and
> never run into any problems. I'll report.

I can't (yet?) put my finger on it, but from time to time I
have the impression that some build debris sneaks into the
check-out. I've had problems in compiling which disappear
magically after a make distcheck (I've first to do a configure
to be able to do that, since the makefile isn't there yet:
I call that the "double phoenix manœuvre" or something ;-)

FWIW I build in a separate directory, which is always empty
at the start.

Cheers
-- t