Problems with emacs 26.1

From: Ghosh, Partha
Subject: Problems with emacs 26.1
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 07:01:53 +0000

Dear List Members,

I am a new member to this list with the following problem.

I wanted to install Gnu-Emacs 26.1 on Linux Mint (kernel 4.15) running on
Macbook Pro. I downloaded from tug site and the process for install ran
smoothly, with config stage being provided no gnutls support. I had to choose
this option since I could not figure out the necessary libraries required for
this support.

After the successfull install, when I started running the newly installed
version it failed to recognise:

  1.  e2wm
  2.  tabbar
  3.  yatex
  4.  setq-tex command

from the previous version of .emacs which was there.  Although pdflatex is my
preferred LaTeX compilation mode, it would use latex instead.

Here is a copy of the .emacs file:

****************.emacs file***********************
;;;;;;;;;;; Emac init file: Partha Pratim Ghosh ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.
(package-initialize)

;; load emacs 24's package system. Add MELPA repository.
(when (>= emacs-major-version 24)
  (require 'package)
  (add-to-list
   'package-archives
   ;;'("melpa" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/";) ; many packages won't
show if using stable
   '("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/";)
   t))

;;; for the e2wm window manager

(require 'e2wm)
(global-set-key (kbd "M-+") 'e2wm:start-management)

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(column-number-mode t)
 '(cua-mode t nil (cua-base))
 '(current-language-environment "Bengali")
 '(font-use-system-font t)
 '(save-place t nil (saveplace))
 '(show-paren-mode t)
 '(size-indication-mode t)
 '(tabbar-mode t nil (tabbar)))

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:family "Ubuntu Mono" :foundry "DAMA" :slant normal :weight
normal :height 119 :width normal)))))

(desktop-save-mode 1)

;;; check spelling on the fly
(setq ispell-program-nam "aspell")
(setq ispell-dictionary "british")

;;; for the YaTeX mode
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons (cons "\\.tex$" 'yatex-mode) auto-mode-alist))

(autoload 'yatex-mode "yatex" "Yet Another LaTeX mode" t)

(add-hook 'yatex-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
(add-hook 'yatex-mode-hook 'flyspell-buffer)

(setq tex-command "/usr/local/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux/pdflatex")

(setq dvi2-command "xreader")

;;(message "%s" (font-family-list))

I would be thankful if I could be helped out of this situation.

With all the very best wishes and regards,

partha

------

পার্থ প্রতিম ঘোষ

[cid:593d63aa-a194-48e4-a2bb-e3c8f75dc982]

JPEG image