Re: color printing ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: color printing ?
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 22:30:11 +0900

I tried to print a simple C buffer for my daughter and the default printout was
in b/w, but all the Japanese characters were printed out nicely.

Then, after Paul's answer, I tried the ps-print-buffer-with-faces command and
the syntax highlighting worked fine but all the Japanese characters were
replaced by ???.

Then, after reading the documentation a bit, I tried to
(setq ps−multibyte−buffer ’non−latin−printer)

but now the Japanese characters are totally mojibaked:
 // $*$_$/$8$NFbMF0lMw

so I tried 'bfd-fonts and I got a weird message about having no font for ascii,
and with 'bfd-fonts-except-latin, I'm back to ???

All that is so 20th century...

Jean-Christophe Helary

> On Apr 14, 2019, at 21:41, Paul W. Rankin <hello@paulwrankin.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2019, at 8:25 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>> I was surprised to see the syntax highlighted buffer printed in b/w.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to print the faces (ie. without htmlizing+pdfizing the
>> buffer) ?
>
> I think maybe ps-print-buffer-with-faces might help you.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/PostScript.html
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/PostScript.html>
>
> --
> https://www.paulwrankin.com <https://www.paulwrankin.com/>