Re: the English language, again (was: Re: title-case function)

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: the English language, again (was: Re: title-case function)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:41:58 +0100

People are talking about the use of English in the IT industry.  This is
beside the point.

Let's assume that Emmanuel is right and the English continues to be the
dominant language of software engineering, computer science and so on.

That has very little to do with this title-case function discussed here.
After all, you hardly ever write a title when you're coding.  Titles are
for normal documents.  In the vast majority of cases, normal documents
are written in the native language of the country you're in.

Something that people should remember here is that lots of Emacs users
aren't professional software engineers.  I'm not and I have hardly
written any code in Emacs in the last year.  I've written a lot of other
stuff though.

BR,
Robert Thorpe