Re: Looking for active JDEE mailing lists or forums

From: Steinar Bang
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 16:58:03 +0200

> On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 12:52, Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> wrote:
>>> According to
>>> https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/issues/162#issuecomment-442050766

>>>     Everything now goes through GitHub.

>> Yes, I saw that.  But what does it mean?

>> Do they use the issue tracker as the support forum/discussion forum?

> Yes, that's how I understood it.

FWIW I eventually gave up on JDEE and am now back on the regular
java-mode.

JDEE didn't work right out of the box (I got heaps of error messages,
and huge emacs desktop restore CPU usage (from the mvn builds), and at
the end the .java files were cluttered with flycheck errors, with no way
to navigate to the errors, and no clear indication what the errors were)
and the documentation is seriously outdated, and there is no forum, and
all google searches for JDEE problems give outdated answers.

There is activity on the github repo, so there are people working on
JDEE... but actually using it turned out to be more work than it was
worth.

Oh well!