Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 03:35:42 +0200

Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> When I started with Emacs around 20 years
> ago, whenever something was incorrectly
> indented or fontified on C++ code I was
> writing it indicated an error on my part.
> It was way ahead of any other editor.
> Nowadays CC Mode can't handle C++ code styles
> and constructs that became available shortly
> afterwards the period I mentioned.
> For languages that became popular since the
> 1990's Emacs is barely adequate on some cases
> and a non-starter on others.
>
> [...] It is terrible that now I have to
> choose between a superb editor that is dumb
> about what I'm writing and an average editor
> that is imbricated with the language's
> tooling and thus greatly helps me to be
> more productive.

OK, I see what you mean. Perhaps I was wrong in
my pervious message just now. You want it but
you can't improve it because you are busy
_using_ it. Not everyone are derailed like me
and can thus do whatever they want for no
money. Well, that ain't no good, what
you describe.

> I'm certainly frustrated because this is
> a self-inflicted problem.
> Emacs' high-governance (and I mean "really
> high", you know what I mean) forced some very
> bad decisions upon the project (and not only
> on Emacs) which put us all, developers and
> users, on a really difficult position.

What is this about? Please explain.

--
underground experts united