Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 08:47:48 +0200

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 08:40:23PM +0200, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> writes:

[...]

> > Also I would argue that most people press C-c C-c with left control
> > instead of the ergonomic way to use the right control therefor you train
> > people to use unergonomic keychords.
>
> I'm afraid that this is hard to fix from Emacs. People (myself included)
> tend to chord in unhealthy ways. The problem is similar to postural
> injuries: you feel comfortable but you are harming yourself on the long
> term. The real solution is to train people on ergonomics. Admitedly,
> Emacs is not a model of good practices on this regards.

I think one of the biggest "failures" in this monster thread is, IMHO,
the failure to realize that different people are... different.

I keep reading things like "ergonomic", "consistent", etc. as if the
authors had the ultimate yardstick for that.

Go tell a pro violinist that the way she holds her violin is unergonomic.

Cheers
-- t