Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELP

From: Nicky Chorley
Subject: Re: Unable to use `package-refresh-contents`: Bad signature from GNU ELPA Signing Agent
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:19:51 +0100

Putting

(package-initialize)

at the top didn't help either (and FWIW I copied and pasted the whole thing).

Also, I tried

$  wget https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents{,.sig} && gpg2
--homedir ~/.emacs.d/elpa/gnupg/ --verify archive-contents.sig

... wget output omitted for brevity...

gpg: assuming signed data in 'archive-contents'
gpg: Signature made Sun 23 Jun 2019 10:10:02 AM BST using DSA key ID 7FBDEF9B
gpg: Good signature from "GNU ELPA Signing Agent
<elpasign@elpa.gnu.org>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: CA44 2C00 F917 74F1 7F59  D9B0 474F 0583 7FBD EF9B

So, it seems that gpg2 can verify the signature perfectly well.

Best,

Nicky