Re: improvements to the "lossage buffer"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: improvements to the "lossage buffer"
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 19:08:22 -0400

> To make it even clearer, why don't you consider
> putting the command name in a column of its
> own?

I'm sure the maintainers would be happy to get a patch for that ;-)

Note that occasionally there can be a very long sequence of events
leading to a command, so you'd want to make sure that such an occurrence
doesn't force the first column to be insanely wide.

> Also, isn't, e.g. M-o more used than
> "ESC o", both in speech/writing _and_ in code -

`M-o` and `ESC o` aren't the same events, although usually they lead to
the same behavior.  `view-lossage` is specifically useful in order to
see the "raw" events, for those cases where the difference between `ESC
o` and `M-o` might be important, so no I think that would be a bad idea.

        Stefan