Can the json reader be a bit more lenient?

From: ndame
Subject: Can the json reader be a bit more lenient?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 13:52:38 +0200 (CEST)

Lately I've been using emacs for some text data processing, and the
input is json sometimes. The problem is the json often comes like
this:

  [{'time1: '8:00', 'time2': '13:00', ...

and the emacs reader chokes on it saying

  doesn't start with "!

Now I know the json standard says attribute names should be double quoted,
but can it be somehow persuaded to accept single quotes instead?

It would be great to have an option for this when I know the data is
correct, only it uses single quotes instead of doubles.