Re: What is the policy for moving a feature into core or not?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What is the policy for moving a feature into core or not?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 19:45:08 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> For GNU ELPA specifically, there is no
> special policy: any package is
> acceptable, basically.

Really? You are not browsing the code to see if
it makes sense and does something that is
useful to some thinkable subset of the Emacs
user base?

> PS: Here's my own kill ring browser, which
> I call from `yank-pop` when the last command
> was not `yank`.

I have this. I suppose it is one of those lines
of code you are not supposed to understand.

(defun yank-pop-back (&optional arg)
  (interactive "*p")
  (yank-pop (if arg (* arg -1) -1)) )

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/yank-my.el