Is there a reason why iinvalid-read-syntax doesn't give me the location

From: ndame
Subject: Is there a reason why iinvalid-read-syntax doesn't give me the location of the error?
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 15:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

Sometimes I encounter huge generated elisp list data which has a
problem somewhere. So when I evaluate it I get the error:

   Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax ". in wrong context")

I wonder why the error message doesn't give me the location of the
error like scan-error. I have to bisect the file to find the bad part.

Doesn't invalid-read-syntax have the location where it encountered the
error? If it does then why doesn't it print it like scan-error?