Re: Strange behaviour on Windows 10

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour on Windows 10
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:47:18 +0200

>"EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

  EZ> "Script" meaning what here? a batch file or a Unix shell script?  In
  EZ> the former case, if you put a ssh.cmd on PATH, the script will call it
  EZ> instead of the missing ssh.exe

In that case script is a windows batch file called query-pr.cmd. The
script uses ssh to call query-pr on a Linux server. I use it in
association with gnats.el.

The query-pr.cmd script calls ssh.exe which is located in
C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH. The exe is not found when query-pr.cmd is
called from gnats.el. I have checked with ssh.exe and with the full
path C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\ssh.exe.

When i replace calls to ssh by calls to plink (32 bits exe) in
query-pr.cmd everything is ok.

I will change from 32 bits to 64 bits version. Are there any
disadvantages to go with a 64 bits version of Emacs?

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com