Re: Displaying SVG content in EWW

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Displaying SVG content in EWW
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:31:03 +0300

> From: Richard Melville <6tricky9@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:01:13 +0100
>
>  What does the following display?
>
>    M-: (image-type-available-p 'svg) RET
>
>  If it says "nil", you don't have SVG image support built into your
>  Emacs, or don't have one of the requisite shared libraries available.
>
> Mine returns "No match" rather than "nil".

How did you type that?  M-: means press and hold the META key (perhaps
the Alt key on your keyboard) and then press ':'.  This should display
"Eval: " in the minibuffer, and then you type

  (image-type-available-p 'svg)

and press Enter.

If that's what you did, perhaps there's something here that is
specific to macOS, which I don't use and know almost nothing about.