Re: Best Emacs Mail client.

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Best Emacs Mail client.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:58:27 +0100

    VanL> Emanuel Berg writes:
    >> VanL wrote:
    >>
    >>> I exaggerated the perceived minutes of delay
    >>> without measuring, before.
    >>
    >> OK, it still seems a bit long for just text
    >> messages...
    >>
    >> I don't know the details but the mail provider
    >> being on the other side of the planet,
    >> shouldn't that, if indeed a problem, cause
    >> similar delays for all mail clients?

    VanL> The inbox has 5 emails, 1 unread.  Not much there.
    VanL> The sent folder has 5 items.  After the delayed
    VanL> start, switching from mailbox to read 3 from

    VanL>   121603 gmane.emacs.help

    VanL> results in a delay of over 6 minutes.

    VanL>   241026 gmane.emacs.devel

    VanL> I wonder if the number of unread articles for
    VanL> gmane is the cause.

It could be; itʼs certainly an unusual situation.

Itʼs easy to check:

    run 'c' on one of those groups
    enter it

You can exit Gnus with 'Q' afterwards and it won't save the fact that
you've caught up the group.

Robert