Re: How to install emacs-w3m via melpa?

From: Richard Cobbe
Subject: Re: How to install emacs-w3m via melpa?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 15:30:34 -0800

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 11:29:25PM +0100, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> Richard Cobbe wrote:
>
> > But when I start emacs and run M-x
> > package-list-packages, I don't see it in the
> > list of available packages. I'm assuming that
> > I've got something misconfigured here, but
> > I'm not familiar enough with the package
> > system to know where to start looking.
> >
> > The relevant details from my .emacs file:
> >
> >     (require 'package)
> >     (add-to-list 'package-archives
> >                  '("melpa-stable" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/";))
> >     (package-initialize)
>
> It is in MELPA, try this URL instead:
>
>     http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/

That worked fine, thanks!

I don't see that URL in any of the melpa docs or on the relevant page on
the emacs wiki -- is that a long-term replacement for the other URL?  Or is
it simply a stable-vs-bleeding-edge difference?

Thanks,

Richard