Question: meta key works in terminal but in emacs

From: Zhe Li
Subject: Question: meta key works in terminal but in emacs
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 16:47:33 -0700

Hi there,

I recently installed emacs-mac-port and spacemacs with brew casket. I want
to set the option key to meta. I did so on terminal preference and now the
option key works as meta on terminal. But the option key doesn't work in
emacs. When I type option+v it comes out as check marks. So the option key
in emacs is still option/alt key. My system is macOS 10.13. Any idea why
that is the case?

Best regards,
Zach