Re: Xref oddness

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Xref oddness
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 18:13:58 +0300

> From: Patrick Mahan <plmahan@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 16:17:37 -0700
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Sorry, IRL is intruding here.

Here as well.

> In all TAGS files I only see 1 entry for the tag and the file is shown as
> /home/pmahan/... not /home2/pmahan.
>
> But again, when I attempt to xref-find-tag-other-window, it is giving me two
> options to choose from and then
> it bounces back to the original window and displays the output there instead
> of just using the new window (or
> creating a new window).  This is becoming annoying because it is breaking
> finding a tag that exists inside the
> current source file.

I looked at the relevant code, and couldn't spot where we could make
two tags out of just one due to your use of symlinks.  So I suspect
there's some other factor at work here.  I therefore suggest that you
submit a bug report, using "M-x report-emacs-bug RET", with all the
details, and preferably also a small test case that could be used to
reproduce the problem.  Then we could use those details to debug this
more thoroughly.

Thanks.