Re: Japanese font settings ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Japanese font settings ?
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 13:49:52 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org>
> Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 14:25:23 +0900
>
> I have no idea how to make use of the information regarding fontsets in the
> emacs manual to simply have a font of my choice to display Japanese text.
>
> Is there an understandable tutorial somewhere ?

What we have in the 2 manuals is what we think should be it.  Did you
read the node "Fontsets" in the ELisp manual as well?  It has an
example for your use case, I think.

If that is not good enough, please report a documentation bug with the
details of what you want to achieve, what you tried, and why you think
what you tried didn't do the job.