Re: Emacs 27.1 - Issue with pdumper

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 - Issue with pdumper
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 09:15:50 +0300

> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 23:32:33 +0200
> From: José Manuel García-Patos <jm.inform@gesaku.es>
>
> The most obvious workaround is to rename the .pdmp file created during
> the second compilation, right after it and before the actual packaging,
> but that doesn't work because Emacs' code checks for ‘emacs.pdmp’
> before ‘emacs-no-x11.pdmp’ (or whatever name we want to give it),
> hence the error above.

That's not my reading of the code.  How do you see that Emacs looks
for emacs.pdmp before looking for BASENAME_OF_EMACS.pdmp?  My reading
of the code is that we do the exact opposite: emacs.pdmp is looked for
as the last resort.

> I think leaving the (hardcoded) default case for last makes sense, and
> it would help us a lot, as we would only have to change one line in
> the packaging script.

AFAICT, we already do that, so I'm puzzled why it didn't work for you,
or what am I missing.