Re: Question about dir-locals c-mode.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about dir-locals c-mode.
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 17:16:35 +0100

On Sun, Nov 08, 2020 at 09:50:38AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Up to now I have:

(c++-mode . (...Long...))
(c-mode . (...Long...))

FWIW, I had sent a patch to CC-mode to introduce a parent mode shared by
c-mode, c++-mode, and objc-mode, but Alan didn't like the idea.

       Stefan
:( There is the c-mode-common-hook I was actually expecting that there
should be something like c-mode-common. Somehow it seems intuitive for
me. Some packages like irony have actually some hacks to go around this
too.