Re: Making windows have same number of columns

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Making windows have same number of columns
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:41:46 +0100

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:30:46 +0100 daniela-spit@gmx.it wrote:

>> Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 8:21 PM
>> From: "Stephen Berman" <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
>> To: daniela-spit@gmx.it

As noted, you can use the key sequences `C-x C-+' and `C-x C-' instead
of the mouse scroll wheel.

On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 20:33:32 +0100 daniela-spit@gmx.it wrote:

> No, you can't.  But that not what I am after.  What I need is
> text-scale-adjust
> that gets as close as possible to fitting n characters, 55 say.

You can try customizing text-scale-mode-step to a smaller value, though
there's not a great deal of leeway, since its default value is 1.2 and
it has to be >1.0 to have an effect.  You might try 1.1 or even a bit
less and see if that gives you more control.

Steve Berman