Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 09:46:37 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 23:15:58 +0100
>
> And if you ask for help everybody is suddenly quiet.  I would be pissed
> off.  I don't know where Eli's motivation comes from.

My motivation comes from the urge to keep improving the Emacs
documentation.  I cannot possibly do that with "criticism" that just
says our documentation sucks and should be rewritten, because that's
not useful: I don't know how to convert that to any useful list of
things to fix.

And, of course, saying that the manuals should be rewritten is a clear
sign that the person probably doesn't know how to use the Info mode
efficiently, and probably didn't read too much of said documentation.
Which further diminishes the useful payload of such claims.