Re: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 04:12:38 +0100

> Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 at 3:46 AM
> From: "Michael Heerdegen" <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers
>
> daniela-spit@gmx.it writes:
>
> > What I want to do is to change the Mode Line, but then revert back to how it
> > was in that buffer, by continue pressing same keybinding.  Can I store the
> > old setup and then put it back again.
>
> Yes.  Just store the old value in a (buffer local) variable.

Been reading hard on buffer local.

Perhaps she can do like so

;; Store current value of mode-line-format
(setq-local original-mode-line-format mode-line-format)

;; Put original mode-line-format
(setq mode-line-format original-mode-line-format)

Hope I have not got the commands wrong for her case.  If I do, my apologies.